According to a recent article on Mashable.com, an internal Google document was obtained by Ad Age that details the companies spending the most of Google AdWords in June 2010. While the biggest spending companies (AT&T Mobility, Amazon, eBay, and BP) may not be surprising, the amounts these companies are spending are truly staggering.
Supporting the release of the iPhone 4, AT&T Mobility claimed the top spot spending just over $8 million on search ads. Remember, that’s just for one month.
Here are the top 10 spenders in June 2010:
- AT&T Mobility – $8.08 million
- Apollo Group (University of Phoenix) – $6.67 million
- Expedia – $5.95 million
- Amazon – $5.85 million
- eBay – $4.25 million
- BP – $3.59 million
- Hotels.com – $3.30 million
- JC Penney – $2.46 million — we’ll admit, this one surprises us
- Living Social – $2.29 million
- ADT Security – $2.19 million
How much do you spend each month on Google AdWords?